Thursday, June 18, 2009

Why Men Don't Have a Clue & Women Always Need More Shoes

Book title: Why Men Don't Have a Clue & Women Always Need More Shoes

Authors: Allan & Barbara Pease

ISBN: 978-0-7528-7940-6 (Orion Books-2006)


Just finished reading Why Men Don't Have a Clue & Women Always Need More Shoes. This is the book big-boobed Maisa (no, she won't be offended as having read this book, she now knows that "a man may not be able to talk about a girl without picturing her naked" :) and "a woman must try to understand and put up with this 'weird' male biology"! ) was seen poring over for days. I borrowed it from her when she was done.

The book was exhilarating right from the Introduction. Funny language interspersed with hilarious jokes and tidbits of handy information makes it an interesting read. The book is largely about traits and characteristics of the sexes and relationships and relating between them. It helps the reader to get a pretty deep insight into the complexities of the opposite sex and how to handle them for the best results. Explanations of facts are done mostly based on theories drawing heavily from fields such as Evolutionary Anthropology, and in spite of assumptions that look a bit far-fetched in places and devoid of citation of immediate references that make them appear no better than ground level hypotheses, the reader can gain a lot from this book for sure.

A funny realisation about myself that dawned on me while reading the book was that I prefer titles starting with Why to those starting with How. For instance, I may not be interested in the title How to be rich, but change the title to Why you are not rich, and I may read it :)

The authors seem to have shared chapters in the book. Eventhough they don't explicitly say which portions are handled by whom, I could sort of detect the thing from the transition in style. While the jokes and funny observations that appeared in pages I believe to have been handled by Allan were awesomely hilarious, those that appeared on pages I believe to be from Barbara failed to excite me in the least degree. But then, the book itself says that the jokes that men find delightful and love to tell are entirely different from those that elicit laughter in women, and vice versa.

If not for anything else, the book can be read just for the fun of it!


Book courtesy: Maisa

1 comment:

Americanising Desi said...

I like the title! I think I will have a go at it!
thank you for the recommendation!

and no.. no one commented what you did.
But my point wasnt on the sex hungry thing. It was more directed towards how in the head crimes are committed ... and it is sick.

Post a Comment